To enhance hygiene and safety protocols, Honeywell Voice devices and consumables should be cleaned between each use. Use a solution of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water to clean equipment; other cleaning products and solutions have not been tested and may degrade the equipment.*
Cleaning Hard Plastics
- Clean the hard plastics on headsets, devices, chargers and batteries with a soft cloth that is moistened with the 70% isopropyl alcohol/30% water cleaning solution.
- Use a soft brush to keep the pocket areas of chargers free of dust and debris that may interfere with the proper seating of equipment or electrical contact.
Cleaning Foam and Pliable Plastics
- Clean headset foam parts (ear pads and headband pads) as well as flexible bands and non-foam padding with a mild mixture of soap and water. Wash pads carefully so as not to tear or detach them.
- Air-dry the parts. Using a concentrated heat source such as a hair dryer or clothes dryer is not recommended.
- Replace pads that are excessively dirty.
- Hand or machine wash dual-cupped headset earpad covers in cold or warm water, then air-dry the covers.
Cleaning Headsets and Headbands
- Clean the plastic parts of the headsets with a soft cloth dampened with water and the headset plastic with a pre-moistened alcohol wipe.
- Use a pre-moistened alcohol wipe to remove dirt or residue from the A700x connectors or plugs.
- If the metal connection points on the A700x connectors become discolored, use a soft pencil eraser to clean them.
- Do not use unapproved liquids to clean the yellow, blue and red A700x connectors and any associated headset, scanner or device plugs.
- Hand or machine wash dual-cupped headset earpad covers in cold or warm water, then air-dry the covers. The covers are made of 100% cotton flannel and may shrink if dried in a clothes dryer.
- To clean the headband pad, leave the headband in place and simply wipe the headband with a soft cloth. Use a pre-moistened alcohol wipe to clean the unit.
Cleaning Microphone Windscreens
- Remove the windscreen from the microphone.
- Rinse the windscreen under warm water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and let it air-dry thoroughly.