Top 10 Things to Do at ProMat and Automate When You’re in Chicago
More than 20,000 material handling and supply chain professionals will descend on Chicago on April 8–11 as two key industry events converge at the city’s McCormick Center. ProMat, North America’s premier material handling and supply chain solutions show, will be co-located with Automate, the continent’s broadest automation event. Automate is only held every other year, so you definitely won’t want to miss the chance to attend these two amazing shows at the same time!
If getting two expos for the price of one isn’t enough, you’ll also want to check out these must-see events and attractions while you’re in town:
- Grab a bite at one of Chicago’s hot spots
From Eataly and Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria to Chicago’s Dog House, “Chi-Town” has some of the most distinctive eateries around. Dining out with a group or just have a big appetite? Rosebud on Rush features large portions ideal for sharing.
- Laugh out loud with Craig Ferguson
You’ve seen him on The Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Drew Carey Show and Celebrity Name Game. Now you can watch him live at the MHI Industry Night on April 10, complete with beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres. You’ll also have the chance to win a $30,000 luxury vacation package to any location you choose!
- Learn from the experts
Get exclusive insights from keynotes by some of the most respected professionals in the industry, including Harvard’s Karim Lakhani, Girls Who Code founder Reshma Saujani, and self-made billionaire Marcus Lemonis of CNBC’s “The Profit” fame.
You’ll also be among the first to get access to this year’s MHI 2019 Annual Industry Report, detailing the trends and technologies that are transforming supply chains. Scott Sopher, principal of Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Supply Chain practice and George W. Prest, CEO of MHI, will be joined by a panel of manufacturing and supply chain professionals to discuss the real-world significance of the report’s findings.
- See local landmarks and architectural wonders
The magnificent Chicago skyline boasts four of the eight tallest buildings in the U.S., but that’s just the beginning of the amazing sights to be found around town. Millennium Park’s art, architecture and landscaping draw locals and visitors alike. Or cruise the shops and restaurants along the Magnificent Mile, where you’ll also find the Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, the historic Water Tower and world-class hotels.
A great way to get an overview of the city is the Chicago Architecture River Cruise, which departs regularly from the Navy Pier. And if you’re a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, you won’t want to miss the freshly restored Frederick C. Robie House, which will re-open just before the expos begin.
- Meet the industry’s rising stars
The MHI Young Professionals Networking event is a great career development opportunity for up-and-coming professionals in the material handling and supply chain industry. No need to pre-register; just wear your ProMat 2019 badge and join us in room S102D on Tuesday, April 9 from 5–6 p.m.
- Get insider insights from Honeywell Intelligrated educational seminars
Honeywell Intelligrated experts will present three seminars at the show:
- 10 Steps to Improve Operational Efficiency will address the most daunting challenges faced by today’s fulfillment operators, and review how to deal with them proactively before things get out of control.
- 3 Ways to Expand Your e-Commerce Sortation Capacity will tackle one of the key challenges of the e-commerce explosion. You’ll get insights on the pros and cons of different types of sortation — including line, loop, MDR and more — and learn how to determine which one is right for you.
- Industrial Internet of Things: A Path to Predictive Analytics will cover what companies can do to leverage the power of the internet of things and showcase different examples of information that material handling equipment can communicate back to their owners and how this can be used to predict maintenance needs or improve operations.
- Take in one (or more) of the city’s world-renowned museums
If you asked top travel experts to recommend things to see in Chicago, their top pick may likely be the Art Institute of Chicago, one of the oldest and largest art museums in the country. You can also visit the world’s biggest dinosaur remains at the Field Museum of Natural History or explore the wonders of outer space at the Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum. And no professional in this market should miss Chicago’s famous Museum of Science and Industry, the largest science center in the Western hemisphere.
- Women in the supply chain industry forum
Join MHI and the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA) for an afternoon of education, discussion and networking geared toward women in our industry on Monday, April 8 from 12:30–4:30 p.m.. You’ll laugh out loud while you learn how to identify and cultivate connections that lead to strategic relationships, develop an executive presence, and communicate in a manner that gains supporters and censors critics. Registration includes lunch, a networking happy hour and a reserved seat at ProMat’s Tuesday morning keynote by Reshma Saujani, CEO of Girls Who Code.
- Stop by the Honeywell Intelligrated booth at Automate
See a live robotic unloader demonstration at the Automate Expo in North Hall, booth #7515. This automated truck, trailer and shipping container unloading solution significantly reduces the manual effort required to operate a receiving dock. Find out how it can benefit your DC by minimizing variable manual performance, labor attrition, workplace injuries and labor shortages.
- Visit the Honeywell Intelligrated booth at ProMat
Check out the latest digital and warehouse automation solutions for The Connected Distribution Center at ProMat in South Hall, booth #S618-a. There you’ll see some of the newest and most advanced DC technologies in action, including robotic sorter induction, an on-site automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) with live goods-to-operator (GTO) and goods-to-robot (GTR) stations, autonomous mobile robots and more!
We’ll see you in the Windy City!