New On The Move Webinar to Discuss Best Practices for Managing Spare Parts in the DC
Keeping a distribution center running at full capacity requires having access to the right parts at the right time. Even though 50 percent of the average maintenance, repair and operations budget is spent on spare parts, many DCs either don't have the correct spare parts onsite or are unable to find these parts when they're needed most - during planned maintenance, or worse, an unexpected outage that's cutting into DC productivity.
But many best practices, if followed, can help avoid such pitfalls and maintain DC uptime objectives.
In our next On The Move webinar, titled, "7 parts best practices you can start using today," Bridget Burkhardt, Intelligrated's lifecycle support services business development manager for parts, will discuss these best practices in detail. As a full-service equipment manufacturer of automated material handling solutions, Intelligrated has extensive experience helping clients employ effective spare parts management programs.
This informative webinar will take place on Tuesday, February 21 at 2 p.m. EST / 11 a.m. PST. By attending this webinar, attendees will learn about the following topics:
- CMMS / EAMS - Computerized maintenance management systems / enterprise asset management systems are critical to automating maintenance operations and keeping track of spare parts requirements
- Spare parts lists - Recommended spare parts lists from OEMs help DC managers stock the right parts to avoid unplanned downtime and quickly replenish parts after use
- Budgeting - It's important to develop realistic budgeting models based on the age of the equipment in your DC and prioritization of critical parts
- Parts cages - Every spare parts management program must include organization strategies and processes to check parts in and out of inventory
- Inventory processes - Know when it's time to re-order a part and have the safeguards in place to identify when a part is out of stock
- Value-added vendor - There are many advantages to using a value-added vendor, from ease of ordering and same-day shipping to technical support and obsolescence planning
- Training of maintenance staff - Ongoing training is imperative to ensuring adherence to processes and staff participation in improvement of these activities
Register now to join Bridget Burkhardt on Tuesday, February 21 at 2 p.m. EST / 11 a.m. PST for an important discussion on spare parts management.