Top 10 takeaways from the On The Move webinar series
In Q4 of 2015, Intelligrated debuted a webinar series designed to offer material handling industry insights about trends, technologies and best practices impacting distribution and fulfillment operations. Since then, we've conducted 11 webinars in the series, each focused on a different topic and presented by Intelligrated's top subject matter experts. If you were unable to attend the live sessions, we encourage you to peruse the webinar library on our website and review any topic on demand.
No doubt, On The Move has already imparted a wealth of information, addressed some of the industry's biggest concerns and answered many lingering questions. While it would be impossible to list all those insights in one blog, here are the top 10 takeaways from a year's worth of webinars.
10. Labor management software (LMS) is an effective way to address spiraling workforce and service level challenges by incentivizing performance and establishing process predictability.
9. Voice technology is an efficient means of automating warehouse processes to accomplish more with greater accuracy.
8. Effective lifecycle management is the key to maximizing the return on material handling system investment.
7. Shuttles and robotic picking technologies are more commonly being integrated into order fulfillment and inventory management applications.
6. Polybags are replacing cartons as a preferred packaging method, but DCs must be prepared to handle their inherent challenges.
5. Store networks are utilizing LMS systems to drive labor cost savings and help prepare for in-store fulfillment of online orders.
4. Flexibility in order fulfillment processes is mandatory for survival in today's omnichannel distribution operations.
3. Palletizing automation is helping manufacturers increase production and distribution facilities respond to a myriad of omnichannel challenges.
2. Brick-and-mortar retailers are turning their stores into mini-DCs to enable "buy online, pick up in store" order fulfillment and level the playing field with e-commerce retailers.
1. Sortation automation solutions can be deployed for fulfillment operations of all shapes and sizes to increase throughput and improve order accuracies.
Whether you attended any of these live sessions or reviewed them on-demand at your convenience, we appreciate your participation. One advantage of attending the live event is the Q&A session immediately following the presentation portion of the webinar. Here, attendees can interact with subject matter experts for clarification or get answers to their specific questions.
We look forward to seeing you at the next On The Move webinar on Tuesday, February 21, when Bridget Burkhardt, manager of business development for Intelligrated's Lifecycle Support Services will discuss 7 parts best practices you can start using today. Registration is now open on our website.